Use the parents’ page as a way to keep in touch with parents, to keep them informed of what you are teaching, and to encourage them to continue reinforcing the lesson at home. Use this template as a starting point. Make it your own by telling them how the children responded to the lesson or something funny that happened. You could substitute any activity suggestions that you think would be appropriate for parents to do with their children at home.
Today we learned that God created the heavens and the earth, and man in his image. Help to reinforce the lesson to your child this week by talking to him or her about the lesson and helping him or her learn the memory verse.
Here are a few activity ideas…
- Help your child memorize the verse.
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
- Read the story as told by Paul Dallgas-Frey “And It Was Real Good”. You can find it on the web here http://www.essex1.com/people/paul/bible1.html Paul has a delightful way of telling Bible Stories that you and your child will enjoy.
- Have your child cut out pictures of animals, flowers, trees, etc. from old magazines and paste them on a piece of construction paper to make a collage of God’s creation. Hang it where everyone can admire it.
- Print out and do a crossword puzzle together. http://www.akidsheart.com/bible/ot/creationxwordp.htm
- Let your child put a virtual creation puzzle together. http://www.jigzone.com/gallery/Nature_Scenes
- Visit the Children’s Church web site to view the lesson and more activity ideas. https://childrenschurch.wordpress.com/2011/09/18/lesson-1-creation/